LISTENING & FREE TO DECIDE
We are not a political party, and will follow no party/group whip, nor impose on our group members any requirements other than to respect our core values and principles.
In this way we will remain individual independent voices in the Assembly that will listen to the challenges faced by our community and will support the delivery of positive change in a Better Way by:
· A willingness and ability to participate in rational debate leading to a conclusion.
· Understanding the difference between constructive debate and personal attacks.
· Not allowing political ideology to exclude a constructive idea and effective consensus.
· Being open to the arguments of others, even if it means changing your mind.
· Listen and recognise other people’s expertise and knowledge.
· Be non-discriminatory, committed to truth and transparency; No backroom deals.
· Proudly support our Island and the unique and diverse people that form our community.
So many have raised concerns about political views and personal egos leading to poor decision making and we need a positive reset.
We are seeing early signs of Party politics creating greater division at a time when what we need most is unity of purpose in the face of the obvious challenges that remain unresolved.
LET'S TALK FUTURE LEADERSHIP-
We are still listening and this week the invited speakers will be focussing on the opportunities to engage with young islanders and how we can develop our future leaders for both the private and public sector.
Thursday 16th June 2022
Cooper's IFC 5
Starting at 5.45pm