BETTER WAY 2022 - PRIVACY NOTICE
Better Way 2022 is a collection of Independent Political Candidates supporting each other in the Jersey 2022 elections bound only by key common principles. We consider all the people and organisations we come into contact with an important part of this aim and as such strive to ensure that the information, we need is kept secure and private.
We are the controller of the personal data we process and are registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner, reference no: 70896. This privacy notice applies to all personal data controlled by Better Way 2022.
Terms such as “personal data”, “data controller”, “data subject” and other terms used in this privacy notice are defined by article 1 of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL), which can be viewed through the following link: https://www.jerseylaw.je/dpjl.
By ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ we mean Better Way 2022. By ‘you’, ‘your’ we mean any individual member, employee, supplier or other third party that visits us, accesses our website, social media or otherwise interacts with us.
Where and how we collect personal information
Information can be collected by Better Way 2022 in a number of ways, mostly directly from our members, supporters, electorate, suppliers and the other organisations we work with. Our intention is always that only the minimum amount of personal data is taken, to enable us to provide information about our activities and that of our committed Independent Candidates to the community of Jersey
The DPJL requires data controllers to process data lawfully, fairly and transparently and in order to meet these requirements Better Way 2022 must give detailed and specific privacy information to data subjects.
Please refer to the table below, where we set out the following information for each of the processes we perform:
1. The purpose your personal data is used is so we can communicate with you to keep you informed of any news relating to Better Way 2022 and also the independent candidates following your voluntary provision of suitable contact information.;
2. The categories of personal data we collect are the minimum amount of information to allow us to keep you informed following opting in and we do not seek to obtain or process any sensitive information.
3. We use our own data and that of our independent candidates to allow us to stay in contact but we do not use or acquire information from third parties but will utilise social media functionality obtained to provide information and an opportunity for positive engagement to the wider Jersey community
4. The lawful basis for our processing your personal data is that you have given your consent to Better Way 2022 or one of its Independent Candidates to process your personal data so we can keep you efficntly and effectively informed of this and future election campaigns and the work of the various Independent Candidates;
5. Who do not share or sell your personal data, which is only held for communication purposes by Better Way 2022 and the named Independent Candidates;
6. We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. Your personal data will be retained until such time as you request it is deleted.
Your rights with regards to Data Protection
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
To access personal data, we hold about you and to be provided with details regarding the purpose for which it is held, the categories of information held, who we might share it with, the period it is held and, where it has not been collected directly from you, the source of the information we hold about you;
To rectify any inaccurate data we hold about you;
To erasure of your personal data;
To restrict our processing of your personal data;
To have your personal data provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and, where feasible, to have that data transmitted to another controller;
To object to processing to perform a public function or that is based on legitimate interests, except where there are compelling reasons for us to continue e.g. in the public interest;
To object to processing for purposes of direct marketing.;
To object to processing solely for historical or scientific purposes;
Not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing that significantly affects you. Please note that we do not perform any automated processing using personal data;
To complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner T: +44 (0)1534 716530, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, P: Office of the Information Commissioner, 2nd Floor, 5 Castle Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE2 3BT.
Please note that Better Way 2022 does not require you to provide us with your personal data. If you decide to join as a member or wish to interact with us in any other way, your provision of your personal data is at your own choice
How you can access and update your personal information
You can ask us to provide you with access to the information we hold about you and, if appropriate, correct or update your details by contacting us By email: email@example.com
Changes to our Privacy Notice may be made from time to time, especially in cases where new legal requirements come into force. Please check our website at www.betterway2022.je for any updates as necessary.
Additional Data Protection Information
If you are interested in gaining further information on data protection within Jersey in general, please go to the following website links: